Friday, December 9, 2011

Deck the Cactus with Santa's Hat














We’re forty miles from the Mexican border, and I love the traditional luminarias at this time of year.




The many other seasonal decorations and adaptations going up around town make me smile.







Right up front, I have to admit that I bought the plastic chili peppers to slip over the Christmas lights. They’re just plain cute.


On line, there's a place in Texas where they’ll sell you a Christmas Tree in the      shape of a Saguaro cactus... should you ever want one and are willing to pay $399 for it. 




Around town here, there are lots of saguaros with santa hats on top, cut out and lighted Javelinas pulling santa sleighs, and polar bears nibbling on all kinds of succulents.







I love the irony in a lighted snowman standing in front of a palm tree-- 



and the grace and elegance of the giant aloe with glamorous red balls attached.  I give that a “Best in Show”.






1 comment:

Krista/Ruca said...

It's fun to see the variation in decoration from one locale to another. Here in the Algarve there's a town that manufactures a little ski hill for Christmas.